How do I disable my pop-up blocker?
Pop-up blockers may
prevent you from downloading Rhapsody, connecting to our servers, seeing
artist/album information in the player, or loading the Rhapsody.com Player.
Below is a list of the most common pop-up blockers and how to disable them.
Internet Explorer built-in pop-up blocker
- Click Start, point to All
and then click Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker,
and then click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
Firefox built-in pop-up blocker
- Launch a new Firefox browser window and click Tools > Options... (Mac users should go to the "Firefox" toolbar menu and select Preferences...)
- In the new window that opens, click the Content
- To turn off the pop-up blocker completely, uncheck the box next to
"Block (unrequested) popup windows."
To enable the pop-up blocker, but allow pop-ups from rhapsody.com, check the box next to "Block (unrequested popup) windows" and click the Exceptions... button to the right. Enter *.rhapsody.com and click the Allow button. This will add rhapsody.com to the list of allowed sites.
- Click the Toolbar's
- On the Tools tab, select (or deselect) the "Pop-up blocker"
- Click Save.
- Click the Pop-Up Blocker menu.
- Select Enable Pop-Up Blocker.
- If you see a checkmark, uncheck the box to turn off Pop-Up Blocker.
Other pop-up blockers
If you use third-party
pop-up blocking software that isn't connected to a specific browser, follow
these steps to disable it:
- Locate the icon for your pop-up blocker next to the time stamp in the lower-right corner of your computer screen, in the system tray.
- Right-click the pop-up blocker icon and click Disable or Exit.