Last Updated: May 26, 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, participate in a survey, contest or promotion, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, purchase, access or download content through the Services, refer others to the Services, apply for a job, interact with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, username, password, postal address, phone number, language preference, payment information (such as your credit or debit card), and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we also may collect information you provide about others. For example, if you refer a friend or family member to the Services, we may collect certain information such as the email address of the recipient.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, web request, access times, pages viewed, content you purchase, access, download or burn, web browser, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device or computer you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you access or use our Services or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more information, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information. This may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We also may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, if you create an account using your credentials from a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name and account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events offered by Napster and others, and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide advertisements, content or features that match your interests and preferences;
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service;
- Carry out the Advertising and Analytics Services (described below); and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish through the Services and with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with such social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services
We or a data partner we have engaged may collect, store and share a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use applications or surf the internet, or to seek to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we or a data partner may connect and/or share de-identified demographic or other data about you (received from third parties) either to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, or to data collected from you, such as your device identifier or IP address. However, we will share your email address only in hashed, non-human readable form. We also may share aggregated information or other de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Data Share Opt-Out: In order to opt out of the data sharing described above, please visit the Napster Data Privacy Settings Page and enter the email address for your Napster account.
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by certain companies, please also visit the DAA Consumer Opt-Out as well as the additional links listed on the Napster Opt-Out Page.
Napster takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete your account information at any time by logging into your online account or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that, if you log into the Services using your credentials from a third-party social media site, you may be required to update, correct or delete your account information through such third-party social media site.
If you wish to deactivate your online account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Napster Profile Privacy Settings
You have the ability to customize your Napster profile and control whether your profile is accessible to other users of the Services. Initially, your Napster profile will be publicly accessible to other users, but it will be anonymous. You may choose to add personally identifying information, such as your name, to your profile. If you choose to leave your customized profile accessible to other users, the information in your profile and certain other information about your use of the Services (such as your playlists, music library and listening preferences) will be accessible to other users of the Services. If you choose not to make your customized profile accessible to other users of the Services, your profile will be completely hidden from other users. Please note that if you choose to hide your profile from other users, you may not be able to use certain features or functionalities of our Services.
Device and Location Information
Certain features of the Services may require access to your device's native address book application (e.g., to help you locate contact information of friends and family members in order to share information with them via email). If you decide to use these features, we will ask for your consent. Note that you can revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from accessing your address book application by changing your preferences on your mobile device.
By downloading and launching any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you consent to such applications' collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, certain features of our mobile applications may no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit https://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Napster by following the instructions in those communications or by logging into your online account and updating your preferences. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at:
Napster Legal Department
701 5th Avenue, Suite 3100
Seattle, WA 98104
Napster Legal Department
701 5th Avenue, Suite 3100
Seattle, WA 98104